- Best Free Software To Speed Up Mac
- Best Software To Speed Up Macbook
- Best Software To Speed Up Macbook Air
How to Speed Up Mac? If you have a Macintosh computer or laptop, definitely you are enjoying the best features in computing. Fastest data accessibility, amazing graphics, advanced storage options, easy to operate, security etc are features that make it highly reliable device. May 19, 2020 This functionality comes in handy when selecting how to clean up disk space Mac, as critical documents, photos of loved ones, or favorite songs or movies, can be easily identified. Disk Drill 3 has the added advantage of being a data recovery software, so if the user mistakenly deletes the wrong file, it can also solve the recovery problem.
If you are using the Mail app in macOS to handle all your emails instead of Mozilla Thunderbird or another third party app, then you are already using an excellent email client. However, if you happen to have a mailbox that has been in use for a very long time then you might run into issues such as getting the wrong search results, witnessing Mail running as slow as a snail, or opened messages being incomplete or displayed incorrectly.
The good news is that you don't have to switch email clients to handle your overloaded inbox, instead you just need to help Mail to get ‘back on its feet’ by forcing the app to rebuild the mailbox and to reindex all email messages. The process is quite simple, but it takes a bit of a time – depending on how big your mailbox is.
Download CleanMyMac X from MacPaw’s website and clean up to 500MB of junk data from your computer while enjoying all the features of the software without major limitations.
The first step, however, is to clean the junk/spam mail folders, which helps the software in its recovery process since no time is wasted on unnecessary garbage. It’s a good idea to automate the cleaning of junk emails by using a simple setting to delete them when it's a month (or even earlier) old. This gives you enough time to review the junk email folder and save any email that isn’t spam.
Want to speed up Mac but don't know how? Get the 6 free Mac cleaners to clear disk space, clean junk or duplicate files to free up your Mac. Many of us know exactly how to clean Windows computer or Android phone, but when it comes to cleaning Mac, few people know about it.
How to Rebuild a Mail Inbox in Three Steps
Rebuilding a mailbox to update the list of messages it contains is a very simple process:
Allows halting startup programs in the app. Price – Free/ $12.49. Malware and trojans could be one reason why your Mac is running slow. Therefore, here is another best free mac. Mac running slow? Hereโ€ s one solution that actually works. Being a tried, tested and โ€ consumer certifiedโ€ Macbook speed up software for over 5 years now, the software package has been upvoted by over 25K satisfied customers from around the world as the best Mac cleaner software that tweaks, tunes up and optimizes your computer for visibly-improved performance. Read on to find out how you can speed up your Mac quickly and easily, from updating your software to clearing caches. Before you know it, your Mac will be working at top speed again. Well, we are up with a list of the best Download Manager applications that can be used to boost up the Downloading speed of your Mac. There are people who always download movies, software, songs and such things on a regular basis.
- Launch Mail (if you haven't yet done so).
- Select a mailbox in the Mail left sidebar.
- Click Mailbox > Rebuild.
When you hit Rebuild for IMAP or Exchange email accounts, all messages and attachments stored on your Mac are removed and then downloaded again from the mail server to your computer. Your mailbox will appear to be empty until the process finishes, which can take minutes or hours depending on how large your inbox is. Tip: don't rebuild your inbox if you are on limited cellular data.
If you have multiple email accounts, you will need to repeat these steps for each of them.
How to Reindex All Messages in Mail App
An alert prompting you to fix the mailbox is a sign of a bigger issue, so addressing it immediately is the right choice to make. The good thing about it is that it can be done manually, and this particular process will also get the good old Mail app experience as good as new. This includes proper search results, as well.
Just follow the steps below:
- Quit the Mail app and launch Finder.
- Press Command + Shift + Go, and copy and paste the following path into the Go to Folder prompt: ~/Library/Mail/V4/MailData/
- In the MailData folder, select the files that begin with “Envelope Index” and move them to Trash.
- Close the MailData window and relaunch Mail.
Use “V3” if you are running macOS 10.11 El Capitan or “V2” for Mac OS X 10.7 through to 10.10. On macOS 10.6, the path is /Users//Library/Mail/Envelope Index.
Tip: You could move them to the Desktop or Downloads as a backup in case something goes wrong.
Doing this will force Mail to reindex all messages, so this will take a while depending on the size of the mailbox. Rebuilding the mail index database is completely safe.
After rebuilding your mailbox and forcing the software to create a new index database, all the attachments you have sent and received will be downloaded again to your Mac. That has the potential to wipe out gigabytes of storage space on your startup disk. Also, it is worth considering that Mail – like every other application that runs on your computer – builds up a cache, which could get corrupted and cause Mail to act strangely again.
Best Free Software To Speed Up Mac
Mac optimization apps such as CleanMyMac, MacKeeper, CCleaner, and the like (we have reviewed the majority of them) will help you keep the Mail app and the whole computer in a good shape by removing cache files from time to time. Also, these apps can help you save disk space by removing the downloaded Mail attachments, which are stored on the Mail server and can always be redownloaded on demand. It’s better that the attachment doesn’t occupy space on your Mac until you need it.
Best Mac Optimization Software of 2020
Get the Best Deals on Mac Optimization Software
Stay up to date on the latest tech news and discounts on Mac optimization software with our monthly newsletter.
Mac is short for Macintosh, which refers to a family of personal computers developed by Apple Inc. Just like Windows computers, Mac may also become slow suddenly due to a lot of reasons. You must want to speed up a slow Mac effectively; that’s why this post is written – to help users speed up their Mac which is running slow currently.
Why Is My Mac Running So Slow
Working or studying on a slow Mac is a terrible experience. The slow running speed will reduce your work/study efficiency, influence the system performance, cause applications corruption, and even make you get on your nerves. It's not hard to come to a conclusion: measures should be taken in time to speed up Mac when it’s running slow. (You can get help from MiniTool Solution when running into disk/system/data problems.)
Why is my computer so slow all of a sudden? There are many potential causes for Mac running slow and Windows computer running slow.
- There are many resource-hungry applications running in the background.
- The hard drive space is going to run out (the disk is getting full).
- The operating system running on your Mac is outdated.
- The hardware on your Mac needs to be upgraded.
- Startup is slow since there’re too many things to load.
- Desktop is in a mess.
- Too many apps and windows are opening at the same time.
Please follow the tricks and tips mentioned below when you find your Mac is running slow.
Find & Close Resource-hungry Processes
Use Activity Monitor to figure out the resource allocation:
- Open Finder, select Go, and choose Utilities.
- Choose Activity Monitor.
- There will be a list showing the top applications in the last 12 hours.
- Choose a resource-hungry application under Process Name/App Name list.
- Click on the quit button (X) in the toolbar.
Free up Storage Space
You can go to check the hard drive capacity and how much space is left there:
- Click on the Apple Logo button, select About This Mac from the drop-down menu.
- Shift to the Storage tab from Overview at the top.
- You can find out how much space is available now.
If the hard disk space is about to run out, you should go to free up some space. How do you clean out your Mac to make it run faster?
- First, you should uninstall unnecessary applications, delete useless files, and remove old backups.
- What’s more, you should find a Mac cleanup tool to help you removes caches, logs, language packs, and system files that are not needed.
- In addition, you’d better empty your Trash to get more free space (you can turn on Empty Trash Automatically).
Recycle Bin recovery seems quite difficult for us if the Recycle Bin is emptied or the files are further deleted from it; but, it is not the case.
Update macOS and Software
How to speed up Mac by updating the system:
- Click on the Apple Logo button in the upper left corner.
- Choose System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Click Software Update to check for updates.
- If any update is found, you should click on the Update Now button and wait for it to finish.
Speed up Mac by updating applications:
- Also, click on the AppleLogo.
- Choose App Store from the drop-down list.
- Select Updates in the left sidebar.
- Click Update All and wait.
Manage Startup/Login Items
Best Speed Up Pc Software
You may not notice that a lot of unnecessary applications are running when you start your Mac; it's a good idea to reduce the unnecessary ones. How to make Mac faster by reducing startup items:
Best Speed Up Mac Software Download
- Click on the Apple Logo button.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Select Users & Groups.
- Make sure the Login Items tab is checked at the top.
- Choose the app that you don’t want to load during startup.
- Click on the minus (–) button at the bottom.
Best Software To Speed Up Macbook
Best Mac Software Programs
Best Software To Speed Up Macbook Air
Other tips on how to speed up Mac:
Speed Up Mac Mini
- Turn off visual effects.
- Remove browser extensions.
- Organize files on your desktop.
- Reset SMC to factory settings.
- Repair disk permissions.
- Create a new user profile.
- Free up or add more RAM.
- Replace the HDD with SSD.