From the menu bar in Mail, choose Mail Add Account. Select your email provider from the list, then click Continue. Some accounts, such as Google, might ask that you click Open Browser to complete authentication in your web browser. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter account details, such as your name, email address, and password. Here's how you set up your own Smart Mailboxes. In Mail, click Mailboxes in the Menu bar. Click New Smart Mailbox. Name your Smart Mailbox. Click the drop-down to choose if messages will need to follow all of your chosen parameters to end up in the Smart Mailbox, or if they can follow any of the parameters. Click the left-most drop-down menu to.
- Deliver and maintain services, like tracking outages and protecting against spam, fraud, and abuse
- Measure audience engagement and site statistics to understand how our services are used
- Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones
- Deliver and measure the effectiveness of ads
- Show personalized content, depending on your settings
- Show personalized or generic ads, depending on your settings, on Google and across the web
Add an email account
If you haven't already set up an email account in Mail, you might be prompted to add one when you open the app. If you're not prompted, or you just want to add another account, follow these steps:
- From the menu bar in Mail, choose Mail > Add Account.
- Select your email provider from the list, then click Continue.
- Some accounts, such as Google, might ask that you click Open Browser to complete authentication in your web browser.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter account details, such as your name, email address, and password. If you're not sure what information to enter, please contact your email provider for help.
Use the Inbox for each account
The Inbox gathers together the messages for every email account you added. If you added more than one account, you can click the disclosure triangle next to Inbox in the sidebar, then select a mailbox to see only the messages for that account.
Optional: Turn on other account features
Google Mail Desktop App
If your account includes support for contacts, calendars, notes, or other features in addition to email, you can turn those features on or off:
Google Mail App Mac Download
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Internet Accounts.
- Select your account in the sidebar.
- Select the features you want to use with your account.