iTunes launching itself, whenever you connect iPhone or iPad to the computer can be annoying. You will find below the steps to Stop iTunes Opening Automatically on computer.
Stop iTunes Opening Automatically On Computer
The default setting in iTunes is to launch itself automatically on your Windows computer or Mac, whenever it detects an Apple device being connected to the computer.
While this feature can be useful in some cases, it can be annoying when your intention most of the times is to only charge your device.
Fortunately, it is possible to stop iTunes from opening automatically on your computer by disabling the Auto Sync option in iTunes.
1. Stop iTunes From Opening Automatically On Computer
Follow the steps below to Stop iTunes opening automatically, whenever an iPhone or iPad is connected to your Windows Computer or Mac.
Download macOS Catalina for an all‑new entertainment experience. Your music, TV shows, movies, podcasts, and audiobooks will transfer automatically to the Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books apps where you’ll still have access to your favorite iTunes features, including purchases, rentals, and imports. Connect your unlocked iPhone to the Mac or PC via an appropriate Lightning cable. Open iTunes and locate your iPhone in it. If you see a popup on the computer screen, follow along. Next, on the iPhone, you may see a popup. Tap Trust and enter your iPhone passcode. Wait for a few seconds, and the iPhone will be visible inside iTunes.
Itunes Is Not Opening On Mac
1. Connect iPhone to your Computer using its supplied Lightning to USB cable.
2. As expected, you will see iTunes opening automatically on your computer.
3. In iTunes, click on the iPhone icon as it appears just below the top menu bar in iTunes.
- If only your first device can’t connect to the Internet, get help with Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Apple Watch, Apple TV, or Mac. If you use cellular service to connect to the Internet on your iPhone or iPad, make sure that you have cellular data turned on for the app that you're using.
- @appletesterrus Users of #iTunes for #Windows report on the #Apple forum that the program does not start if the system language is not English. The problem affects only the latest version of iTunes 18.104.22.168 with support for iOS 15, downloaded from the Microsoft Store or from the Apple website.
4. Next, click on the Summary tab in the left-pane. In the right-pane, scroll down to “Options” section and uncheck Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected option.
Un-checking auto-sync option will prevent your iPhone from automatically syncing to iTunes and you will no longer see iTunes opening automatically, whenever your iPhone is connected to computer for charging.
2. Stop iTunes Opening Automatically Using Preferences Tab
Another way to stop iTunes from opening automatically on computer is by going to the Device Preferences in iTunes.
1. Connect iPhone or iPad to computer using its supplied Lighting-to-USB cable.
2. You will see iTunes opening automatically as soon as you connect iPhone to the Computer.
3. In iTunes, click on Edit tab in top menu bar and click on Preferences in the drop-down menu.
4. On Devices Preferences screen, click on the Devices tab and check Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically option.
5. Click on OK to save this setting in iTunes.
Itunes Not Working On Mac Mojave
This will ensure that iTunes will not open automatically on your Computer, whenever you connect your iPhone or iPad for charging and other non-iTunes related tasks.
In case you need to do something in iTunes, you can always launch iTunes by clicking on the iTunes shortcut on your Computer.