Summary Warnings Mac OS needs python Other projects may need specific versions of python Installation python.org Homebrew Anaconda PATH and.bashprofile PATH.bashprofile Homebrew - pyenv Pyenv Local Pyenv Global Locate Python Uninstall python python. Jul 05, 2021 To begin working with Anaconda, one must get it installed first. Follow the below instructions to Download and install Anaconda on your system: Download and install Anaconda: Head over to anaconda.com and install the latest version of Anaconda. Make sure to download the “Python 3.7 Version” for the appropriate architecture.
Instructions tested with macOS 11 (Big Sur) and Continuum’s Anaconda3 2021.05
Note: These instructions have not been tested on an Apple laptop with an Apple silicon processor. An Apple silicon version of Continuum’s Anaconda Python has not been released.
Install Anaconda and Jupyter Notebook
1. Open the Terminal by clicking on the Spotlight magnifying glass at the top right of the screen, typing “Terminal” then clicking the Terminal icon.
2. Type the commands in red to go to the Downloads directory and download Anaconda3 2021.05. Anaconda may take a few minutes to download.
Downloads $ curl -O https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/Anaconda3-2021.05-MacOSX-x86_64.sh
3. Type the command in red to install Anaconda.
4. Press Enter to read the license agreement. Use Space to continue to the next page.
In order to continue the installation process, please review the license agreement.
Please, press ENTER to continue
5. Type yes to accept the license terms.
[no] >>> yes
6. Press Enter to install Anaconda to the default location.
- Press ENTER to confirm the location
- Press CTRL-C to abort the installation
- Or specify an different location below
Mac Install Anaconda Command
7. Type yes to have Anaconda update your PATH.
Do you wish the installer to initialize Anaconda3
by running conda init? [yes no]
[no] >>> yes
> For changes to take effect, close and re-open your current shell. <
If you'd prefer that conda's base environment not be activated on startup, set the auto_activate_base parameter to false:
conda config --set auto_activate_base false
Thank you for installing Anaconda!
8. Open a new Terminal window by pressing ⌘-n.
9. Type the command in red to verified Anaconda was installed.
10. Type the command in red to update Anaconda.
Mac Install Anaconda 3
Mac Install Anaconda
Start Jupyter Notebook
Mac Install Anaconda Software
1. Type the command in red to start Jupyter Notebook.