Keep your workspace organized with Magnet, and easy-to-use app that allows users to snap windows with keyboard shortcuts and by dragging apps to the display edges. It beats manually resizing windows, which can really put a stop to productivity. $2 at Mac App Store. Move and resize windows in macOS using keyboard shortcuts or snap areas. Supports macOS 10.11+, Intel and Apple Silicon. Sponsor Rectangle on GitHub.
Window Magnet will change the way you work with your Mac! Easily snap windows into various sizes and positions by simply dragging them to the edges and corners of the screen. Maximize them, place them side by side or deploy them into all four quarters of your screen in the blink of an eye.
- Move and Resize. In just one drag you snap any window into left, right, top and bottom halves and into all four quarters of your screen.
- Real Fullscreen. Go nice, full, edge-to-edge fullscreen by simply dragging any window to the top of the screen and don't mess with that tiny green 'zoom' button that almost never seems to do what you want it to.
- Easy Restore. Return a window to its previous size by simply dragging it from its snapped position and it will pop back to the shape it had before.
- Menu Bar Assistant. Access all features and preferences through menu bar icon sitting right at the top of your screen to be on hand any time you need it.
- Keyboard Shortcuts. For all you keystroke lovers, use predefined keyboard shortcuts or create your very own ones that fit your needs.
- External Display Support. Manage your bigger workspace at the speed of light, even on external display.
- Switchers Friendly. If you've experimented with Windows 7, you may have used something very similar and will be pleased to have one of the greatest window management tools on your shiny new Mac.
A simple yet efficient windows management application for the Mac that allows you to snap windows to the edges of the screen seamlessly
Magnet is a streamlined macOS application that enables you to easily resize and reposition windows on your screen. In other words, Magnet makes it really easy to work with multiple windows at the same time by managing their sizes and positions.
Rapidly tuck your apps' windows to the sides and corners of the screen via drag and drop
The main feature of Magnet is its capability of helping you snap windows to the top, bottom, left or right of the screen by dragging them to the desktop edges, and to the corners of the screen by dragging them to each corner.
By dragging them to your screen edges, the windows occupy half the screen and by dragging them to the corner, they occupy a quarter of the screen. Thus, you can have two to four windows neatly organized on your desktop.
Support for controlling windows using global hotkeys
Magnet App Mac Alternative
Furthermore, Magnet provides a handy menu bar item from which you can access all the commands and view their associated global hotkeys. Another thing you can do is to maximize windows by dragging them to the upper edge of the screen.
If you want to restore the initial position of a snapped window, simply drag it from its position. This behavior is similar to that of Windows 7 (and later) operating systems.
Minimalist window management utility for the Mac designed to stay out of your way until needed
Additionally, Magnet can be set to ignore Safari and can automatically launch at login if you prefer. The app also comes with a Preferences window where you can set all the global hotkeys for each action, although they come with predefined hotkeys by default.
To sum it all up, the Magnet app offers an elegant solution for managing the sizes of each window displayed on your desktop. With just a simple drag to the edges or corners of the screen, you can organize apps just the way you want to and take advantage of all the screen space of your Mac.
Magnet App For Mac
Filed underMagnet was reviewed by Sergiu Gatlan
- Runs smoothly on macOS 11 Big Sur
- Supports new Apple Silicon architecture
- Contains various minor bug fixes
Magnet Mac App Priceadd to watchlistsend us an update
How To Use Magnet App Mac
- runs on:
- macOS 10.10 or later (Universal Binary)
- file size:
- 4.1 MB
- main category:
- visit homepage
top alternatives FREE
top alternatives PAID