What’s Node.js® and NPM?
Download Node.js for MacOS by clicking the 'Macintosh Installer' option Run the downloaded Node.js.pkg Installer Run the installer, including accepting the license, selecting the destination,.
NPM is a “package manager” that makes installing Node “packages” fast and easy. A package, also called a module, is just a code library that extends Node by adding useful features. For example, the “request” module simplifies the process of making HTTP requests so you can easily get web resources from other sites.
NPM is installed when you install Node.js®
Although there is a Mac installer program on the Node website, we recommend using Homebrew to install and update Node.
- You should have some familiarity with the Mac Terminal application since you’ll need to use it to install and test Node and NPM. You’ll also need the Terminal to use Node.js and NPM. The Terminal application is located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.
- Dependencies. Although you can install Node in other ways, we recommend using Homebrew. Homebrew lets you avoid possible security problems associated with using the
sudocommand to install software like Node and Node modules.
- Install Homebrew. Follow the steps on the How to Install Homebrew on a Mac instruction guide to install Homebrew.
Installing Node.js® and NPM is pretty straightforward using Homebrew. Homebrew handles downloading, unpacking and installing Node and NPM on your system. The whole process (after you have Homebrew installed) should only take you a few minutes.
Install Node Js On Linux
- Open the Terminal app and type
brew update. This updates Homebrew with a list of the latest version of Node.
brew install node.
- Sit back and wait. Homebrew has to download some files and install them. But that’s it.
Node Js 10.16.3 Download For Mac
Make sure you have Node and NPM installed by running simple commands to see what version of each is installed:
- Test Node. To see if Node is installed, type
node -vin Terminal. This should print the version number so you’ll see something like this
- Test NPM. To see if NPM is installed, type
npm -vin Terminal. This should print the version number so you’ll see something like this
How to Update Node and NPM
New versions of Node and NPM come out frequently. You can use Homebrew to update the software it installs.
- Make sure Homebrew has the latest version of the Node package. In Terminal type
- Upgrade Node:
brew upgrade node
How to Uninstall Node and NPM
You can use Homebrew to uninstall packages that it installed:
brew uninstall node
In this tutorial, i am going to tell you how to install Node js in Mac OS. But before that let us understand what Node js is and why should we use it?
Why should we use Node JS?
Every programming language has its own benefits, when we talk about Node js, it was developed considering better performance and scalability for software applications. It’s a power-packed tool which is used for large and complex web and mobile applications.
Download Node.js For Mac Terminal
Here are the few reasons to use Node JS.
- It is fast and easy.
- Large single free code base.
- It is fast because of Google support
- It can be used client and server side.
- It supports Mac OS, Windows and Linux.
- Best for building games and chat apps.
- It’s a best used free server side language.
- It is best for enterprise level web applications.
- Code execution is better than other programming languages.
- It enhances the effectiveness of front-end and back-end development.
Node Js For Mac Download Free
How to Install Node js in Mac OS?
What Node.js Framework Is Most Similar To Django? - Quora
Head over to node js official website and download the node js installer. You’ll see a few versions, but I would suggest downloading the recommended version.
Once your installer is downloaded, then click on it and let the install wizard do its work. It’ll install both Node and NPM (node package manager), NPM allows us to install other packages in the node_modules folder.
Then accept the agreement and install the node js in your mac os.
Finally it will ask you to make sure /usr/local/bin is in your
$PATH. Run the command to check the path.
Upgrade Node Js Mac
Use the below method to check whether Node js working correctly or not by using below commands.
How To Install Node JS On Mac Set Up Node JS On Mac
‘control’ + ‘c’ twice to come out from the node terminal.
Run the following command to check the node version.