So, you’ve decided to download an older version of Mac OS X. There are many reasons that could point you to this radical decision. To begin with, some of your apps may not be working properly (or simply crash) on newer operating systems. Also, you may have noticed your Mac’s performance went down right after the last update. Finally, if you want to run a parallel copy of Mac OS X on a virtual machine, you too will need a working installation file of an older Mac OS X. Further down we’ll explain where to get one and what problems you may face down the road.
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update improves the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users. This update:. Improves compatibility with certain third-party USB audio devices. Improves VoiceOver navigation when viewing PDF documents in Preview. Improves compatibility of Braille displays with Mail. Mac Os Sierra Iso Download Highly Compressed Description MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 For Mac + Overview Sierra 10.12.6 is an incredible new existing software package with advanced safety features, it provides protection system integrity from numerous malware threats.
A list of all Mac OS X versions
We’ll be repeatedly referring to these Apple OS versions below, so it’s good to know the basic macOS timeline.
|Cheetah 10.0||Puma 10.1||Jaguar 10.2|
|Panther 10.3||Tiger 10.4||Leopard 10.5|
|Snow Leopard 10.6||Lion 10.7||Mountain Lion 10.8|
|Mavericks 10.9||Yosemite 10.10||El Capitan 10.11|
|Sierra 10.12||High Sierra 10.13||Mojave 10.14|
STEP 1. Prepare your Mac for installation
Given your Mac isn’t new and is filled with data, you will probably need enough free space on your Mac. This includes not just space for the OS itself but also space for other applications and your user data. One more argument is that the free space on your disk translates into virtual memory so your apps have “fuel” to operate on. The chart below tells you how much free space is needed.
Note, that it is recommended that you install OS on a clean drive. Next, you will need enough disk space available, for example, to create Recovery Partition. Here are some ideas to free up space on your drive:
- Uninstall large unused apps
- Empty Trash Bin and Downloads
- Locate the biggest files on your computer:
Go to Finder > All My Files > Arrange by size
Then you can move your space hoggers onto an external drive or a cloud storage.
If you aren’t comfortable with cleaning the Mac manually, there are some nice automatic “room cleaners”. Our favorite is CleanMyMac as it’s most simple to use of all. It deletes system junk, old broken apps, and the rest of hidden junk on your drive.
Download CleanMyMac for OS 10.4 - 10.8 (free version)
Download CleanMyMac for OS 10.9 (free version)
Download CleanMyMac for OS 10.10 - 10.14 (free version)
STEP 2. Get a copy of Mac OS X download
Normally, it is assumed that updating OS is a one-way road. That’s why going back to a past Apple OS version is problematic. The main challenge is to download the OS installation file itself, because your Mac may already be running a newer version. If you succeed in downloading the OS installation, your next step is to create a bootable USB or DVD and then reinstall the OS on your computer.
How to download older Mac OS X versions via the App Store
If you once had purchased an old version of Mac OS X from the App Store, open it and go to the Purchased tab. There you’ll find all the installers you can download. However, it doesn’t always work that way. The purchased section lists only those operating systems that you had downloaded in the past. But here is the path to check it:
- Click the App Store icon.
- Click Purchases in the top menu.
- Scroll down to find the preferred OS X version.
- Click Download.
This method allows you to download Mavericks and Yosemite by logging with your Apple ID — only if you previously downloaded them from the Mac App Store.
Without App Store: Download Mac OS version as Apple Developer
If you are signed with an Apple Developer account, you can get access to products that are no longer listed on the App Store. If you desperately need a lower OS X version build, consider creating a new Developer account among other options. The membership cost is $99/year and provides a bunch of perks unavailable to ordinary users.
Nevertheless, keep in mind that if you visit developer.apple.com/downloads, you can only find 10.3-10.6 OS X operating systems there. Newer versions are not available because starting Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.7, the App Store has become the only source of updating Apple OS versions.
Purchase an older version of Mac operating system
You can purchase a boxed or email version of past Mac OS X directly from Apple. Both will cost you around $20. For the reason of being rather antiquated, Snow Leopard and earlier Apple versions can only be installed from DVD.
Buy a boxed edition of Snow Leopard 10.6
Get an email copy of Lion 10.7
Get an email copy of Mountain Lion 10.8
The email edition comes with a special download code you can use for the Mac App Store. Note, that to install the Lion or Mountain Lion, your Mac needs to be running Snow Leopard so you can install the newer OS on top of it.
How to get macOS El Capitan download
If you are wondering if you can run El Capitan on an older Mac, rejoice as it’s possible too. But before your Mac can run El Capitan it has to be updated to OS X 10.6.8. So, here are main steps you should take:
1. Install Snow Leopard from install DVD.
2. Update to 10.6.8 using Software Update.
3. Download El Capitan here.
“I can’t download an old version of Mac OS X”
If you have a newer Mac, there is no physical option to install Mac OS versions older than your current Mac model. For instance, if your MacBook was released in 2014, don’t expect it to run any OS released prior of that time, because older Apple OS versions simply do not include hardware drivers for your Mac.
But as it often happens, workarounds are possible. There is still a chance to download the installation file if you have an access to a Mac (or virtual machine) running that operating system. For example, to get an installer for Lion, you may ask a friend who has Lion-operated Mac or, once again, set up a virtual machine running Lion. Then you will need to prepare an external drive to download the installation file using OS X Utilities.
After you’ve completed the download, the installer should launch automatically, but you can click Cancel and copy the file you need. Below is the detailed instruction how to do it.
STEP 3. Install older OS X onto an external drive
The following method allows you to download Mac OS X Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks.
- Start your Mac holding down Command + R.
- Prepare a clean external drive (at least 10 GB of storage).
- Within OS X Utilities, choose Reinstall OS X.
- Select external drive as a source.
- Enter your Apple ID.
Now the OS should start downloading automatically onto the external drive. After the download is complete, your Mac will prompt you to do a restart, but at this point, you should completely shut it down. Now that the installation file is “captured” onto your external drive, you can reinstall the OS, this time running the file on your Mac.
- Boot your Mac from your standard drive.
- Connect the external drive.
- Go to external drive > OS X Install Data.
Locate InstallESD.dmg disk image file — this is the file you need to reinstall Lion OS X. The same steps are valid for Mountain Lion and Mavericks.
How to downgrade a Mac running later macOS versions
If your Mac runs macOS Sierra 10.12 or macOS High Sierra 10.13, it is possible to revert it to the previous system if you are not satisfied with the experience. You can do it either with Time Machine or by creating a bootable USB or external drive.
Instruction to downgrade from macOS Sierra
Instruction to downgrade from macOS High Sierra
Instruction to downgrade from macOS Mojave
Instruction to downgrade from macOS Catalina
Before you do it, the best advice is to back your Mac up so your most important files stay intact. In addition to that, it makes sense to clean up your Mac from old system junk files and application leftovers. The easiest way to do it is to run CleanMyMac X on your machine (download it for free here).
Visit your local Apple Store to download older OS X version
If none of the options to get older OS X worked, pay a visit to nearest local Apple Store. They should have image installations going back to OS Leopard and earlier. You can also ask their assistance to create a bootable USB drive with the installation file. So here you are. We hope this article has helped you to download an old version of Mac OS X. Below are a few more links you may find interesting.
Download macOS Sierra. On September 20, 2016, Apple announced that macOS Sierra, the latest major release of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system, is now available as a free update. MacOS Sierra brings Siri to the Mac with intelligent and helpful features users know and love from the iPhone and iPad, along with all-new. Mac Os Sierra Iso is free to download and install from our antivirus verified secure database. It is stuck by medical professionals and passwords as an antioxidant and hone that obstructs the site of proinflammatory cytokines proteinse. If key strategy is not availablethen try new a key. In this article, we shared macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 download link for installing Mac OS X operating system in VMware and VirtualBox programs. Get macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Image File macOS 10.13.4, which came with eGPU support, released on March 29, 2018.
If you looking on the internet a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 DMG Files So, you come to the right place now a day shares with you a Mac OS Sierra DMG direct download without an app store this Apple operating system with so many new cool features added and all bugs fixed. you can direct updated to High Sierra from the apple store and download from direct link free no any cost now all features and full overviews below.
MacOS 10.12.1 boasts your mac’s safety and stability and can deliver various upgrades and enhancements. This update addresses a hassle for obligatory out of order indexing messages dialog. The third largest substitute for the Operating Gadget for apple macs is freed for macOS sierra 10.12. It could be released for more than a month after 10.12.1 and for a little more than one week after 10.12.1. macOS sierra. It also gives an additional substitute, adding special specter exposure fixes. It is a confident OS that enhances the performance of an OS by spreading upgrades.
Os X Sierra Iso Download
Mac OS Sierra OverView:
This release contains several corrections to the audio stuttering of USB headphones. Better compatibility of the Mac App Store with all recent updates. In addition, support for Windows 10 Creators Update installation is also added. It also adds support to RAW formats for the camera and several improvements to photos. This release also fixes a date problem for customers in education and the company. Potential Kernel Panic prevention when a NetInstall image is started and a lot more to ensure stable conditions for everyone.
Siri debuts on a Mac, with new desktop-only capabilities. And that isn’t the only way your Mac is more intelligent. macOS Sierra enables you to rediscover your best photos, shop online quickly and easily and work between devices more efficiently. It may also contribute to freeing up valuable space. Now your Mac is doing more for you so that with your Mac you can do more.
This replacement provides additional platforms to determine and proclaim spectrum-and meltdown exposure inside beginning with stubbornness in macOS sierra 10.12. We also know the update opted for a Trojan horse that allowed any password to unlock the app save menu within the alternative system. In addition to these improvements, Apple launch notes state that substitutes fix special questions that might cause problems with messages. Any other poor function for fusion drives is apps. Finally, a reliable and strong system with an extension of updates and exceptional new tasks is kilometers away. you can also check out the Rufus for Mac.
Features Of Mac OS Sierra
Mac Os Sierra Iso Download For Windows
- Get things done by asking Siri, the intelligent assistant now on your Mac.
- Enjoy your favorite features from iOS as well as new ones optimized for Mac.
- Send messages, create reminders, search the web, and more while you work.
- Drag and drop or copy and paste Siri results into your documents.
- Pin Siri results in Notification Center and references them later.
- Find files, adjust settings, and get system information just by asking Siri.
- Copy and paste between your devices with Universal Clipboard.
- Copy a quote, image, or video from an app on one device and paste it into an app on another device.
- Automatically login with Auto Unlock.
- Log in to your Mac automatically when you wear your Apple Watch – no need to type your password.
- Enjoy the convenience and security of Apple Pay when you shop on the web.
- Use Apple Pay to make easy, secure payments when shopping in Safari on your Mac.
- Complete your purchase with Touch ID on your iPhone or with your Apple Watch.
- Access files on your Mac desktop from your iPhone with iCloud Desktop and Documents.
- Automatically store all the files on your desktop and in your Documents folder in iCloud, and access them from all your devices.
- Keep the same desktop and Documents folder on your other Mac. Easily free up space on your Mac with Optimized Storage.
- Automatically store seldom-used files in iCloud, where they’ll be available on demand.
- Additional tools help you remove files you don’t need, to save even more space.
- Get control of your desktop with tabs in apps.
- Use tabs to manage multiple windows in Maps, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, and more.
- Work with tabs in your favorite third-party apps – no developer adoption required.
- Keep an eye on the big game or your favorite video with Picture in Picture.
- Float a video window from Safari or iTunes over your desktop as you work.
- Place the Picture in Picture window in any corner, and it stays put when you switch spaces or work in full screen.
- Rediscover the most meaningful moments in your Photos library.
- Enjoy favorite and forgotten occasions from your photo library with Memories.
- View your images by who’s in them. Photos use advanced face recognition technology to automatically group photos of the same person together.
- Search your photos by what’s in them, such as beaches, dogs, or concerts, thanks to intelligent search that can recognize objects and scenes.
- Track your photo expeditions across an interactive world map.
- Enjoy an all-new Apple Music experience in iTunes.
- Easily navigate your library with the redesigned Apple Music.
- Discover great new music thanks to expert curation and advanced machine learning that give you the best recommendations.
- Liven up your Messages conversations.
- See web content previews and watch web videos right in a conversation.
- Respond to messages with quick, handy Tap backs.
- Express yourself with 3x larger emoji.
- View the stickers, Digital Touch, invisible ink, and handwritten messages that friends send from their iOS devices.
- Much More………………/
Mac OS Sierra DMG Technical Setup Details
- Software Full Name: MacOS Sierra 10.12.4
- Setup File Name: macOS_Sierra_12.5.dmg
- Full Setup Size: 4.6 GB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup
- Compatibility Architecture: 32 Bit (x86) / 64 Bit (x64)
- Latest Version Release Added On: 14th Mar 2019
System Requirements For Mac OS Sierra
- 8 GB free HDD
- 2GB RAM
- Core 2 Duo Intel Processor
Os X 10.10 Yosemite Download
Download MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 DMG OR ISO File Direct
MacOS 10.12.4 Delta DMG File HERE
MacOS 10.12.4 Combo DMG File HERE
Iso Download Windows 10
MacOS 10.12.4 DMG Setup Installer Direct Link HERE
Osx Sierra Iso Download 64-bit
Download MacOS Sierra 10.12 .iso Setup File HERE